“Inspiring Photographers with Aloha and light”
-An authentic Cultural experience.
Hula and Hawaiian Culture Photojournalistic Ethnography
- Sara Jenkins
- Day 1 – Saturday, April 19, 2014 Arrive in Hilo. Grab lunch in Hilo. Hula orientation with Eden at the beautiful Kalani retreat center.
- Day 2 – Sunday, April 20, 2014 9AM Ho’olaulea Celebration Afternoon Volcano excursion
- Day 3 – Monday, April 21, 2014 Introduced to Halau members and assigned to Halau partners Evening sunset beach location rehearsal shoot
- Day 4 – Tuesday, April 22, 2014 Rehearsal and preparation at the Halau studio
- Day 5 – Wednesday, April 23, 2014 Rehearsal coverage and shoot 6PM ho’oike
- Day 6 – Thursday, April 24, 2014 Individual shoots with Halau members 6PM Miss Aloha Hula – Kahikio, Auana + ole
- Day 7 – Friday, April 25, 2014 Group Competition
- Day 8 – Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:30 parade Departure
- Meet and follow a professional Hula dancer during the week of the biggest Hula competition of the year.
- Learn and understand the various types of Hula and it’s rich history.
- Shoot with a full Hula Halau on location.
- Be a part of the Merrie Monarch festival!
Dates – April 19-26,2014 Fee – $XXXX.00
- Includes Room and Board for 6 days and 5 nights
- Based on Double occupancy
- Includes Meals
Pic of Brian Brian Ross has been shooting for over 25 years, and his work has been exhibited at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum, the Broadway Gallery in NYC, & the Hui No’eau in Hawaii. He has a degree in Communications & Anthropology from the University of Pennsylvania, and has done graduate work in Filmmaking at NYU. Brian has photographed noble laureates: HH the Dalai Lama XIV, Nelson Mandela, and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, and has explored contemporary expressions of spirituality and art. He has created successful fundraising art events to benefit the Nelson Mandela’s Children’s Fund & the Tibetan Children’s Village in India. He is the author of “Lunch with Krishna”, a work of fiction examining spirituality and culture in contemporary society. Over the last decade Brian has been photographing and exploring Hawaii’s most scenic locations. Brian Ross Pic of Sian Sian Olsen Pic of Matthew Mauicreativephotography.com Matthew Nall Pic of Madelynne Mauicreativephotography.com Madelynne Nehl Pic of Eden Expert Hula leader Eden Patino